The North Dakota Republican Party released a new ad today to highlight that while Republican Majorities are hard at work — Democrats are once again trying to raise taxes.
“Republicans in both chambers are hard at work for North Dakota,” said North Dakota Republican Party Chief of Staff Dawson Schefter. “Meanwhile, Democrats have their sights set on raising taxes — trouble is, they can’t seem to get the math right.”
- The North Dakota Legislature has adjourned for its crossover recess — marking the halfway point of the 66th Legislative Assembly.
- Senator Merrill Piepkorn and Rep. Pamela Anderson each introduced legislation to raise the oil extraction tax.
- Over the past five years, North Dakota’s oil industry has paid 50 percent of all taxes collected in the state.
- Democrats have been parroting these talking points since 2015 — yet this political theatre has been rejected by voters time and again.
- Republicans have been hard at work, taking steps forward on:
- Developing a strong workforce
- Diversifying our economy
- Improving our infrastructure network
- Reducing taxes
- Improving behavioral health services
- Republican policies continue to benefit the individuals, families, and businesses of North Dakota — making our state the best place to live and work.
Senator Merrill Piepkorn: “I’m going to walk in the first day and say ‘Okay, ladies and gentleman, here I am. Let’s raise those taxes today.’”
Senator Merrill Piepkorn: “I will admit, I’ve got fuzzy math going on here.”
Senator Merrill Piepkorn: “Senator Cook, I do not understand that. I would appreciate that if you could explain that to me.”
Senator Dwight Cook: “Zero percent tax is going to raise a lot less money than five percent tax. Do we agree?”
Senator Merrill Piepkorn: “Uhm, I still don’t quite follow.”
Senator Dwight Cook: “So that is another tax increase…”
Senator Merrill Piepkorn: “That is, well. That is an increase, yeah.”
Senator Merrill Piepkorn: “Let’s raise those taxes today.”
As North Dakota Democrats double-down on their embrace of socialism, Bernie Sander’s campaign announced they think they’ve got a shot at winning North Dakota. Since Democrats announced their support for socialism in a Facebook Post on Saturday, they have twice doubled-down on this radical, liberal movement:
Meanwhile, North Dakota’s Republican elected leaders are weighing in to condemn this ridiculous and frightening rhetoric:
“North Dakota Democrats clearly plan to unabashedly embrace the radical left’s calls for socialism,” said North Dakota Republican Party Chief of Staff Dawson Schefter. “I look forward to the next election, when North Dakotans reject this extreme rhetoric at the ballot box.”
Earlier today, North Dakota Democrats confirmed voters suspicions and endorsed the radical, socialist agenda of the liberal left. In a Facebook post on Saturday, the District 42 Democrat Party shared a letter to the editor in the Grand Forks Herald titled, “Socialism U.S. style: The need of our time” with the caption “Bravo!”
“This is just the latest in a string of tone deaf attempts by Democrats to pull North Dakota toward the radical, socialist agenda of the liberal left,” said North Dakota Republican Party Chief of Staff Dawson Schefter. “If North Dakota Democrats continue to support socialist policies, they will no doubt lead their party toward further obscurity.”
- Medicare for all — REMINDER: Obamacare hascreatedhigher premiums and fewer choices for North Dakotans while shifting the burden of cost onto small businesses and farmers.
- Free college tuition — REMINDER: Bernie Sanders lost. (Thankfully)
- The Green New Deal — REMINDER: Here is what the Green New Deal calls for:
- End all clean coal, natural gas, nuclear power production in the U.S.
- Require upgrading or replacing every building in the country
- Mandate government-provided healthcare, wages, paid vacations, retirement benefits, housing, food, college, “access to nature”, and employment for those “unwilling to work”
- Eliminate air travel and farting cows…Seriously.
- Oh, and of course, there’s zero mention of how they would pay for any of this. Shocker.
- Repealing the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act — REMINDER: North Dakota was the number one state to benefit from President Trump’s Tax Cuts.
Facebook just forced the Heidi Heitkamp-funded Democrat-NPL ads to be taken down because they were clearly nothing more than a thinly-veiled voter suppression effort:
As Rob Port who first wrote this story says, Heitkamp and her party “weren’t trying to inform hunters. They were trying to confuse them, and deter them from voting.”
What Heidi Heitkamp hasn’t deleted, however, is her lie about the Casselton soybeans, which Heitkamp said were unsold and had no place to go, even though they had been sold and are now being picked up for delivery.
“Heidi Heitkamp’s lies, amid her ‘bring it home’ tour, are making it clear to voters that her real home is with the other dishonest liberals in Washington DC, not with North Dakotans,” said North Dakota Republican Party Communications Director Jake Wilkins. “North Dakotans know that if Heitkamp can’t be trusted to tell the truth, she shouldn’t be trusted with six more years in the Senate.”
Coverage of the Heidi Heitkamp-funded voter suppression efforts by North Dakota Democrats continued to overshadow her own de-facto farewell tour yesterday, as the scandal dominated local and national airwaves:
REMINDER: Heidi Heitkamp and the Democratic-NPL defended this blatant voter suppression and doubled down, even as multiple fact-checkers found the ad to be completely false:
Given her long list of falsehoods on issues like health care, trade, entitlements, and outing sexual assault victims, these events are just more proof that Heidi Heitkamp’s entire campaign platform is built on nothing more than lies, misinformation, and manufactured controversy.