Voting tomorrow? Here is what you need:
You need one of the following forms of identification:
- North Dakota Driver’s license;
- A North Dakota Nondriver’s identification card;
- Tribal government issued identification. This includes those issued by BIA, any other tribal agency or entity, or any document that sets forth the tribal member’s name, date of birth, current North Dakota residential address; or
- A long term care identification certificate issued by a North Dakota facility.
If the address on your identification is not current you need supplemental documentation to vote in your precinct. The supplemental documentation can be a document or a digital copy that you have on your phone so be sure to take your smart phone with you to vote!
You can supplement your identification with:
- A current utility bill;
- A current bank statement;
- A paycheck;
- A check or document issued by a federal, state, local, or tribal government. This includes those issued by BIA or any other tribal agency or entity.
You can also update your current address on the DOT website while you are at the poll! Here’s how:
Bring your smartphone! When you get to the poll clerk go to this website: https://apps.nd.gov/dot/dlts/dlos/addressWelcome.htm
Click change email and update your address. Be sure to keep the confirmation page up on your phone to show the poll clerk.
Remember—you can use your smart phone to pull up one of these forms of supplemental documentation!
If you do not have valid identification or you have the option to cast a set aside ballot if you believe you are eligible to vote in that precinct. If you vote a set aside ballot you must provide the election official the required identification before the canvassing board meets for you set aside ballot to be counted.