While both Kevin Cramer and Heidi Heitkamp want to protect coverage for pre-existing conditions, Heitkamp-backed Obamacare is wrong for North Dakota, and it hurts our small businesses and farmers.
Over the last ten years Heidi Heitkamp has taken more positions on Obamacare than anyone can count:
- As a liberal activist, Heitkamp aggressively pushed for Obamacare to pass, but as a 2012 Senate candidate, Heitkamp instantly became critical of the law.
- When Politico detailed this flip-flop, Heitkamp could not refute it.
- Throughout her time in the Senate, Heitkamp has staunchly defended Obamacare.
- Heitkamp voted 8 times against repealing Obamacare (March 2013 [three times], May 2015, July 2015, December 2015, and July 2017 [twice])
- Heitkamp voted twice in support of the individual mandate, voted against repealing Obamacare tax, and voted in favor of the medical device tax after she took donations from the medical supplies industry.
Heitkamp’s health care law is out-of-touch with what’s best for North Dakota, and it hurts our state.