Governor Doug Burgum and First Lady Kathryn Burgum are inviting the general public to join them for Recovery Reinvented on Oct. 25, 2021 at the Bismarck Event Center. The event will be free and open to the public. A robust, online experience will also be available to all.
The daylong event will feature state and national addiction and recovery experts who will focus on reinventing recovery through:
- Sharing of stories
- Creating recovery-friendly cultures in the workplace and community
- Eliminating the stigma surrounding the disease of addiction
This year’s event will create more opportunities for the public to get involved in shaping and participating in the event, including:
- Submitting nominations for the Recovery Champion awards, which honor local individuals and groups that are making an impact in the field of addiction and recovery
- Musicians and artists contributing their talents through recovery-inspired performances
- Volunteering at the event
- Addiction and recovery-related nonprofit organizations and service providers participating in the Recovery Resources Expo, which will connect people to extensive addiction, recovery, and mental health organizations and resources from across the state
The Behavioral Health & Children and Family Services Conference will be held the following days on Oct. 26-27 also at the Bismarck Event Center. Learn more here: www.behavioralhealth.nd.gov/conference. Register for Recovery Reinvented here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/recovery-reinvented-2021-tickets-158783879859?_eboga=1993164906.1634148289.
Additional updates being shared by the Governor, First Lady, and Recovery Reinvented’s social media on Facebook @GovernorDougBurgum, @FirstLadyND and @RecoveryND and Twitter @DougBurgum, @FirstLadyND, @Recovery_ND.