Today, Perrie Schafer, Chairman of the North Dakota Republican Party (“NDGOP”) praised Governor Burgum’s continued efforts to hold President Joe Biden accountable for inconsistent policies at the northern and southern borders that have hurt North Dakota’s economy and endangered the safety of all Americans.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel announced the RNC’s intention to sue the Biden administration on their unconstitutional mandate:
“Joe Biden told Americans when he was elected that he would not impose vaccine mandates. He lied. Now small businesses, workers, and families across the country will pay the price. Like many Americans, I am pro-vaccine and anti-mandate. Many small businesses and workers do not have the money or legal resources to fight Biden’s unconstitutional actions and authoritarian decrees, but when his decree goes into effect, the RNC will sue the administration to protect Americans and their liberties.”
BISMARCK, N.D. – Gov. Doug Burgum released the following statement in response to President Joe Biden’s plan released Thursday to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
BISMARCK – “Joe Biden has not only failed to “shut down this virus” – as he promised to – he has also gone back on his campaign promise against vaccine mandates.
The NDGOP stands in full support of Governor Burgum and our congressional delegation in their opposition to this outrageous abuse of federal power, in addition to the Republican National Committee and its lawsuit against the Biden Administration’s assault on our freedoms.”
Perrie Schafer, NDGOP Chairman
While we could not be more fortunate than to live in North Dakota under great conservative leadership, the same cannot be said for the backwards, haphazard decision-making coming from Washington, D.C. Whether it’s the catastrophic and tragic situation in Afghanistan or the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline on Day 1, Joe Biden is proving to be worse than we could have ever imagined.
Chairman McDaniel has launched a NEW podcast called, “Real America,” where she’ll be joined by leaders who are on the frontlines of dealing with the REAL problems facing the American People.
You can listen/watch here:
BISMARCK – “North Dakota’s incredible $400 million budget surplus didn’t happen by accident, but rather, is the result of dedicated conservative leadership from the top down. Earlier this year, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi had to scramble to bail out states run into the ground by Democrats. Where these Governors looked for a handout, Governor Burgum and our Republican legislators looked for solutions, even through the global pandemic, negative oil prices, and droughts. This is what happens when you put problem solvers – and not politicians – in charge.”
NDGOP Chairman, Perrie Schafer
BISMARCK, N.D. (AUG. 9, 2021) – Gov. Doug Burgum today requested a presidential major disaster declaration for a series of storms in early June that caused overland flooding and produced damaging winds and hail, resulting in more than $2.3 million in damage to roads and other infrastructure.
In a letter today directed to President Joe Biden through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Burgum requested that a major disaster be declared for eight counties: Burke, Divide, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, LaMoure, Sioux and Williams.
The June 7-11 storms tore across the state for five days, producing tornadoes, up to baseball-size hail, damaging winds of up to 93 miles per hour and torrential rainfall that led to overland flooding, which was exacerbated by dried-out, nearly impermeable topsoil.
Burgum noted the impacts occurred at a time when North Dakota is experiencing one of the worst droughts on record, and when the state already has six open presidential disasters totaling over $150 million in costs for which local and tribal jurisdictions are struggling to meet their cost shares.
“These unrelenting storms caused extensive damage to homes and businesses, damaged roads and bridges, and snapped power poles and downed power lines, cutting off service to several communities,” Burgum said. “We appreciate the administration considering our request for assistance to help communities recover from these storms and build resiliency against future severe weather events.”
In response to the June 7-11 storms, Burgum today issued an executive order formally mobilizing state resources and ensuring a coordinated approach to the needs of citizens and their communities.
If granted, a presidential declaration would unlock FEMA public assistance to help cities, counties and townships pay for the costs of repairing roads and other infrastructure. Preliminary assessments indicate damage is expected to exceed $2.33 million.
In addition, Burgum also is asking that the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program be implemented on a statewide basis to help communities pay for projects that increase resiliency and reduce costs in the long term.
— # # # —
C O N T A C T:
Burgum names Travnicek director of new Department of Water Resources, appoints members to Water Commission
BISMARCK, N.D. (JULY 26, 2021) – Gov. Doug Burgum today appointed North Dakota Parks and Recreation Director Andrea Travnicek to lead the state’s Department of Water Resources, subject to approval by a majority of the members of the State Water Commission on Friday, July 30. The governor also appointed eight members to the State Water Commission with broad experience in water supply, flood protection, engineering and other water issues.