I am honored to serve as North Dakota’s Insurance Commissioner and look forward to the work ahead as I pursue a second term in office. Insurance affects all of us and is a critical component to the success of our economy. Insurance allows people to take risk to grow small businesses, it is a rescue when disaster strikes through fire or automobile crash, it allows people to seek medical treatment when they need it. Insurance isn’t something many people think about on a daily basis, but we all need it to work right when the moment calls for it. That has been my mission as your Insurance Commissioner.
I invite you to watch my candidate announcement video here.
A few highlights from my service thus far include:
- 2018 Executive Champion by Autism Speaks in appreciation of exceptional advocacy on behalf of individuals with autism in North Dakota.
- Proposed legislation, which the 2019 state legislature approved, to establish an invisible reinsurance pool for the individual health insurance market, which reduced premiums by 20% for farmers, ranchers, small business owners and anyone who purchases their own insurance.
- Chair of the Innovation and Technology Task Force for the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
- Chair of Artificial Intelligence Working Group for the NAIC
- Appointed to serve as the state insurance regulator on the Air Ambulance and Patient Billing Advisory Committee created by Congress to review options to improve the disclosure of charges and fees for air medical services, better inform consumers of insurance options for such services and protect consumers from balance billing.
- Launched the Department’s online LiveChat application, which was the first of its kind across all North Dakota state agencies.
As a lifelong resident of North Dakota, service to others is important to me. It is largely why I chose to run for office. In addition, I serve as a member of the North Dakota Special Olympics board of directors, for which I volunteered while growing up in Grand Forks, and the Missouri Valley YMCA board of directors in Bismarck.
Most importantly, my wife Amanda and I are the proud parents of three great kids and enjoy raising them in Bismarck.
I welcome your questions or comments anytime. You can email me at email@example.com or find me on Facebook and Twitter. I also invite you to visit my website, www.godfreadfornd.com.
Thank you for your support!