After 6 years of dodging local media and “running scared” from reporters, Heidi Heitkamp will now have to answer for six years of opposing the will of North Dakota voters at tonight’s debate.
With her record on full display, Heitkamp has several questions she needs to answer, such as:
- Why did she say she would oppose late-term abortion, but then vote to support it?
- Why did she vote for higher taxes for North Dakotans?
- Why did she fail to crack down on sanctuary cities and dismiss the issue as a scare tactic?
- Why has she voted for higher premiums and fewer health care choices?
- Why did she vote to put energy jobs at risk?
- Why did she promise to be bipartisan, but then vote with President Obama nearly 90% of the time?
- Why does she play politics with the ag community, and continue to prolong trade disputes by undermining the President?
- Why did she oppose Justice Kavanaugh when her constituents supported him and the facts did not support her argument?
- After wrongly outing abuse survivors in an attempt to score political points, can North Dakota trust her judgement?
“No matter what desperate spin she offers today, Heidi Heitkamp can’t escape her out-of-touch, liberal record,” said North Dakota Republican Party Communications Director Jake Wilkins. “What’s most important is for Heitkamp to answer why she’s consistently opposed what’s best for her constituents.”