His record stands in stark contrast with Heidi Heitkamp’s long list of bad votes, harmful positions, and grave errors in judgment on foreign policy.
REMINDER– Heidi Heitkamp:
- Voted repeatedly to support and defend Obama’s Iran nuclear deal.
- Opposed forcing Iran to recognize Israel and release American hostages.
- Wanted Obama’s ‘Russian Reset’ but called Russia an ‘Existential Threat’ under President Trump.
- Rejected the use of military force to take down Assad in Syria.
- Flip-flopped on withdrawing troops from Afghanistan.
- Stood against military officials who called for increased missile defense funding.
- Supported Freedom Act provisions that weakened intelligence community tools.
- Resisted moves to arm those fighting ISIS.
- Voted against the Ambassador to Israel’s nomination.
- Aligned with J Street, a liberal advocacy group used to oppose Israeli leaders.
- Called ‘hyper-partisanship’ our greatest internal vulnerability while continuing partisan attacks on her opponents.
“Heidi Heitkamp’s out-of-touch national security stances have left North Dakota veterans and military service members worse off,” said North Dakota Republican Party spokesman Jake Wilkins. “North Dakota’s veterans and active duty service-members deserve a strong leader like Kevin Cramer who will fight for them in the Senate.”