President Trump and Kevin Cramer have worked tirelessly to undo eight years of harmful regulations and to help grow our nation’s once-stagnant economy. Kevin Cramer today released an ad committing to continuing these efforts in the Senate.
This positive ad from Cramer contrasts perfectly with Heidi Heitkamp’s negative record on the economy. High Tax Heidi has always supported higher taxes that take more money out of the pockets of North Dakotans. Throughout her long government career, Heitkamp has supported raising taxes on:
- Low, middle, and upper-income individuals
- Small and large businesses
- Energy industries (two times)
- Farmers (three different times)
- Medical devices
- Automobile drivers
- Car and truck insurance
The list goes on. With her state’s economy so reliant on local business, agriculture, energy, and trucking, one would assume the North Dakota Senator would want to help these industries grow, but High Tax Heidi supports raising taxes on all of them. And she’s only doubled down. When she was asked this year if she regretted opposing tax cuts for North Dakotans, Heidi Heitkamp said “no.”
But it’s not just Heitkamp’s perpetual desire to raise taxes on seemingly every North Dakotan that would hurt the economy; her entire campaign platform would as well.
- Obamacare- Like every other Senate Democrat this cycle, Heidi Heitkamp is running on her opposition to repealing Obamacare; but this disastrous law not only caused skyrocketing premiums, it also includes over $819 billion in new taxes.
- Energy- The Heitkamp campaign is promoting her support for a harmful BLM rule from the “amazing” President Obama that put North Dakota jobs at risk.
- Trade- Rather than working alongside the Administration to get our country better deals, Heitkamp actively campaigns on undermining the President’s efforts every step of the way because she “needs her constituents to feel pain.” Her opposition in part encourages other countries to escalate their retaliatory measures, thus prolonging these disputes and potentially hurting vital North Dakota industries.
High Tax Heidi running on an anti-jobs platform is unsurprising, given her aggressive campaigning in 2016 for Hillary Clinton, who promised to put coal companies out of business and thought President Trump’s undeniably successful economic plan would “throw us into a recession.”
“As leading Democrats call for President Trump’s removal from office, a vote for Heidi Heitkamp is a vote to empower those demanding the President’s impeachment, to abandon the Trump-Cramer pro-jobs policies, and to turn the clock back on the country’s renewed economic success,” said North Dakota Republican Party Communications Director Jake Wilkins. “While Heitkamp may not regret supporting her anti-jobs agenda, voters this November can tell High Tax Heidi they regret ever supporting her.”
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) just endorsed Kevin Cramer’s Senate campaign. During the announcement, Cramer promised that “in the Senate, I’ll continue the fight to make sure our economy stays on track.”
Given Heitkamp’s abysmal record on jobs and the economy, support from small businesses for Cramer is no surprise. As a Senator, Heitkamp:
- voted against lower taxes for individuals and small businesses
- opposed repealing harmful, Obama-era regulations
- supports healthcare laws that increase costs and make it harder for small businesses to grow
- endorsed Hillary Clinton, who thought President Trump’s economic policies that led to 4.1% GDP growth would “throw us into a recession.”
“Senator Heitkamp has failed North Dakota’s small business community,” said North Dakota Republican Party Communications Director Jake Wilkins. “With her liberal, out-of-touch record of supporting higher taxes and harmful regulations, North Dakotans know they can’t trust Heitkamp with six more years in the United States Senate.”
The U.S. economy accelerated to a 4.1% pace of growth, a clear win for President Trump’s pro-growth policies and his economic agenda that Heidi Heitkamp so rigidly opposes.
Heitkamp has a long history of supporting liberal economic policies that would drag our economy down. She campaigned on raising taxes on job creators and, as Senator, voted against President Trump’s tax cuts that helped create new jobs while letting North Dakotans keep more of their hard-earned money.
It’s no wonder Heidi Heitkamp campaigned so hard in 2016 for her fellow liberal Hillary Clinton, who said the President’s policies “would throw us into a recession.” To quote President Trump…
“Heidi Heitkamp has stood firmly in opposition to the Trump agenda that’s brought us great economic growth,” said North Dakota Republican Party spokesman Jake Wilkins. “The Hillary-Heidi agenda of higher taxers and harmful regulations is out-of-touch with the needs of North Dakota, and voters will remember that in November.”