A gaffe prone politician who’s made grave errors in judgement will be campaigning for a heated North Dakota Senate race this November, and it won’t just be Heidi Heitkamp.
Heitkamp has invited *former* Vice President Joe Biden, one of the few politicians as unpopular here as she is, to campaign with her this November.
REMINDER: These two share a lot in common. With a shared propensity for gaffes and an underwhelming performance on the campaign trail, Biden was a thorn in the side of the 2012 Democrat ticket the same way Heidi has been for the National Democrats in 2018. A few Biden highlights:
- During a swearing-in: “Spead your legs, you’re gonna be frisked.”
- On Obamacare: “This is a big f______ deal.”
- To a man in a wheelchair: “Stand up Chuck, let ’em see ya.”
- On Republicans: they’ll “put y’all back in chains”.
WHAT’S WORSE: Joe Biden’s presence will be strong reminder that Heitkamp supported the Obama-Biden agenda nearly 90% of the time, even though it was wrong for North Dakota:
- Heitkamp supported a harmful Obama-Biden environmental regulation that put ND energy jobs at risk.
- Heitkamp supported Biden-backed Obamacare, which increased ND premiums by 44%.
- Heitkamp voted in favor of the Iran Nuclear deal, which damaged our national security.
Given his constant gaffes and anti-North Dakota record, Joe Biden’s presence in the state will likely only help one candidate, Kevin Cramer.