Misleading voters seems to yet again be the theme of the week for Heidi Heitkamp, who just erroneously tried to claim she has “always worked for stronger border security.”
Unfortunately for her, the facts say the exact opposite.
- Heitkamp criticized President Trump’s plan to build a wall along the southern border.
- Heitkamp dismissed the issue of sanctuary cities as a “scare tactic.”
- Heitkamp voted against a border fence.
- Heitkamp supported an amendment that gave permanent residence for illegal immigrants without funding a border wall.
- Heitkamp voted three times against cracking down on dangerous sanctuary cities that put our citizens and law enforcement officers at risk.
Now that she’s trying to rewrite history with this election year spin, it’s clear the only person Heidi Heitkamp has “always worked for” is herself.
“With the election just around the corner, Heidi Heitkamp is frantically trying to rewrite her liberal, out-of-touch voting record,” said North Dakota Communications Director Jake Wilkins. “By repeatedly supporting sanctuary cities and failing to combat illegal immigration, Heitkamp has let North Dakotans down and failed to represent their interests during her time in the Senate.”